Eu e a Isabelle em Paris! - Me and Isabelle in Paris!

Bem, para algumas de vocês isto não é novidade nenhuma mas na semana passada fiz umas férias de 4 dias em Paris e tive o prazer de conhecer pessoalmente uma grande amiga, uma jóia de pessoa tanto em beleza, simpatia e talento! Para quem a visita regularmente no blog dela, a foto seguinte vai parecer familiar ;o):
Well, some of you are aware that I've spent four days in Paris last week, and also that I had the pleasure and the honour of meeting a great friend, a real treasure in both beauty and talent! Those of you that have visited her blog recently will find that the following picture is vaguely familiar ;o) :
Isabelle e Paris… Ambos foram uma agradável surpresa e proporcionaram-me momentos e experiências que nunca esquecerei! A Isabelle, para quem não conhece, é uma rapariga inteligente e talentosa, autora do blog Kitty Couture, escrito em Inglês (e deixem-me que vos diga, o Inglês dela é perfeito, escrito e falado!). A forma simples, simpática e afectuosa como escreve, os seus trabalhos magníficos (tanto em costura como em ponto de cruz!) fazem do blog dela uma visita obrigatória para mim: ler o Kitty Couture inspira-me, dá-me paz e faz-me acreditar que existem pessoas boas, queridas e que merecem ser tratadas de igual modo! Isabelle, tens um lugar cativo no meu coração!
Isabelle and Paris… Both were a pleasant surprise and provided me with moments and experiences I will never forget! Isabelle, for those of you who don't know her yet, is an intelligent and talented young lady and she authors the English written blog Kitty Couture (just let me tell you this: her English is perfect, both written and spoken!). The simple and darling way she writes, her magnificent work (both sewing and stitching work) make Kitty Couture a must read daily experience for me! Reading it makes me feel in peace and reassures me that there are really nice and darling people in this world that deserve being treated the same way! Isabelle, you live inside my heart now!

Uma das coisas que fizemos (além de conversar sobre costura, amigas em comum, blogs, costura, mais costura, etc. – o tempo foi tão escasso para falar e ficou tanto por dizer!) foi ir-mos juntas às compras de tecidos! Foi fantástico! A Isabelle levou-me a conhecer o Bouchara e lá comprei um bouclé em cru lindíssimo! Também já tinha ido ao Marché Saint Pierre mas foi nas lojas Tissus Reine que comprei mais dois tecidos (para verem os tecidos e o que tenho planeado para eles, consultem a minha lista actualizada de projectos futuros).
One of the things we did together (besides talking about sewing, friends we both share, blogs, sewing, more sewing, etc. – time was so short for all the things we'd like to say to each other and there was so much left to talk about!), was going fabric shopping! It was great! Isabelle took me to the Bouchara and that's where I bought a wonderful ivory bouclé! I also had visited the Marché Saint Pierre but it was in the Magasin Tissus Reine that I found two more of the fabrics I was looking for (to see these fabrics and the garments I will be making from them, just click on my updated future projects list).

Uma coisa que achei curiosa foi o facto de algumas lojas exibirem manequins a meia escala com roupas feitas à medida, usando alguns dos tecidos à venda! A Isabelle disse-me que estas roupas são o resultado dos trabalhos dos estudantes de alta-costura! Alguns exemplos:
One detail that I found most intriguing in some of the fabric stores in Paris is the display of half-scale mannequins wearing real half-scale garments made by using the fabrics on sale there! Isabelle informed me that these garments were actually live assignments from Couture students! A few examples follow:

No Bouchara: At Bouchara:
Nos Tissus Reine: At Tissus Reine:
As fotos foram tiradas com o meu telemóvel, daí a fraca qualidade.
The pictures were taken using my cell phone, that's why their quality is poor.

E falando em fotos, que tal algumas de Paris?
And speaking of photos, what about a few from Paris?

O Sacré Coeur de noite e de dia: The Sacré Coeur, by night and by day:

O Louvre: The Louvre:
A vista à entrada do Panteão :
The view from the Pantheon entrance:
O palácio nos Jardins do Luxemburgo:
The palace at the Luxembourg's Garden:Notre Dame:
E é tudo! Tenho projectos concluídos para mostrar: um vestido de malha roxo e a minha versão da gabardina Falbala de Christian Lacroix, que só consegui acabar neste Domingo. Simplesmente não fui capaz de prescindir dos detalhes mais preciosos em favor de a acabar a tempo.
And this is all! I have a few completed garments to show you: a purple knit dress and my version of the Lacroix Falbala red trench; I didn't finish it on time to take it with me to Paris because I couldn't stand the idea of passing on the finest and time consuming details in order to have it ready on time.

A todas as minhas amigas e amigos com blogs: o tempo tem sido muito pouco por isso não tenho podido pôr-me a par do que todas têm publicado; estou a tentar aos poucos ler as trezentas e tal novas entradas que tinha para ler quando cheguei! Para a minha querida amiga Isabelle, quero mais uma vez agradecer por tudo o que fez por mim, os presentes fantásticos que me deu e essencialmente por ser a pessoa maravilhosa que é!
To all my blogging friends: time has been so short and I feel bad about not being able to catch up with all of you just yet; I'm trying to read the more than three hundred updated blog entries that awaited me when I got back from Paris! To my dearest friend Isabelle, I want to thank you once more for everything you've done for me, for your fantastic gifts and most of all for being such a wonderful person and friend!

Gros bisous, chère amie!

31 comments:

Adrienne said...

Tany, these pictures are fantastic!!! I am so glad you had a good time!!! And your words about Isabelle are very, very sweet!!! Hope you are resting!!! :-)

Vicki W said...

What a wonderful trip!

Summerset said...

Gorgeous photos! What a fantastic trip - meeting Isabelle must have been such a highlight.

cidell said...

Ahem. When are you coming to the US? There would be a million women wanting to take you out too! The photos from Paris are beauuuutiful.

Erica Bunker said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you got to meet Isabelle and you had a wonderful time.

Lisa Laree said...

Oh, what fun! And you both look smashing in the photo... ;)

I loved that half-scale coat you photographed at Tissus Reine!

KayB said...

Even though I have no time anymore for my favourite hobby, I'm still an avid reader of your blog and really started missing you. It's great to find like-minded friends through sewing, even better to meet them in person! What beautiful pictures!

Alexia Deschamps said...

Adorei ver-te na cidade natal da minha mãe, Tany! A minha avó morava pertinho do Sacré Coeur. Quantas vezes fui à Bouchara...
Não me esqueço de ti. Não tenho é tempo para nada vezes nada (A minha mãe piorou e o meu trabalho acumula-se por toda a parte).
Jinhos,

Alexia Deschamps said...

Vestido de malha? As in knitting dress? Une petite robe tricotée, peut-être...;? Por mim, vou ficar à espera de ver a tua versão de uma criaçao (adorei o nome Falbala - que me fez lembrar As Aventuras do Astérix e do Obélix,) a gabardina Falbala do Christian Lacroix, de quem sempre fui fã incondicional.
Jinhos,

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Tany.- Cuanto me alegro de que hayas disfrutado tanto tu viaje, y en tan agradable compañía. Estais las dos guapísimas y muy elegantes. Saludos y un abrazo desde Barcelona. Paco.

LauraLo said...

Wow, I think it was a very fun trip! And that picture of you and Isabelle... you are both so beautiful... And you said you didn't photograph well :)

Frau Vau said...

wonderful pictures, and it sounds like you had lots of fun - you both deserved it! ...
^-^

toy said...

FABULOUS photos, thanks for sharing with us Tany, I am so glad you had a great trip and made it back safely, Isabelle seem like such a sweetie too.

Audrey said...

Olá Tany, que maravilha de passeio adorei as fotos e principalmente de conhecer o seu rostinho lindo.
Agora sempre que for ao seu blog, me ligarei ao seu rosto.
Já estou anciosa pra ver as novidades,mil beijinhos.
Audrey

Kitty Couture said...

((((Tany)))) I am so glad you had a great time in Paris! I miss you too! Knowing you is a blessing and a treasure. (((hugs))) and thank YOU!

Anonymous said...

Bem, que posso dizer além do que já te falei! Apenas que fiquei com "água na boca". A tua viagem pareceu fabulosa, já para não falar na companhia que tives-te!

Bjs

Mónica

Christina said...

Looks like a wonderful trip, I'm so glad you and Isabelle were able to meet and gush about sewing together. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

sua sortuuuuuuuda!!
Bjnhs

Vicki said...

Oh you two are so nice! Don't forget Australia is a nice place to visit too!

Love all your photos.

A question on your new fabric purchases - which ones were they? I can't remember which planned projects did not have fabric previously. And I love your choices of projects. A few of those are on my wish list too.

Jackie said...

That is such a nice photo of you two! Glad you had a wonderful visit. You know, that coat is really sharp!!!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Tany ~ I am so glad that you had a good time, picked up some fabric for new pieces and met a new friend! I am sure that the entire experience was one of those once in a lifetime experiences!

May said...

How wonderful to spend vacation in Paris with a sewing friend! Sounds like you both had a great fun. I will be looking forward to your posts on newly finished garments.

macati said...

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem... nem sei que te diga. vocês as duas sao FANTÁSTICAS. fazem coisas lindas. tanta inveja... :)
fiquei fascinada com a ideia dos manequins vestidos por alunos... isso é uma óptima ideia de se promoverem... entao e a comida? e o tempo? e os franceses em geral? e o ambiente da cidade do amooooouuuuurrrrr? :) nunca fui lá mas estou a ficar com ideias...
bjnh, gira!

Sigrid said...

You certainly had a great time. Wonderful to share experiences with a sewing friend.

Linda L said...

Thank you for sharing your trip with all of us. What a nice trip and so exciting to meet another blogger in person who shares the sewing passion.

Tany said...

Obrigada a todas pela vossa simpatia!
Thank you all for the compliments and nice comments!

Cidell and Vicki: I will visit the US and Australia (I've been dreaming about both trips for long time!) as soon as I get the chance! Vicki: The fabrics I bought in Paris are all wool coatings: the red velvet wool for the Armani coat, the Ivory bouclé and another blue curled wool for the jacket using Summerset's large handmade button. These are the last three projects on the list. I have been removing the projects as they are finished and adding new ones as I get new ideas/fabrics!

KayBe: Thank you! Your words mean a LOT to me! I'm sorry that you are not sewing as you used to; your blog has always been a frequent visit and an inspiration! But there are times in life when we must persuit other objectives. I know this by experience: when I was taking my degree at the University and working on a full time job at the same time I had to give up my sewing as a daily activity. Just hang in there! If you are still working on something you love, it will be worth the sacrifice!

Alexia: Obrigada e não te preocupes! Quanto ao vestido, não é tricotado,... é de malha jersey. Mas acho que vais gostar na mesma! A tua mãe tem muita sorte em nascer e ter vivido numa cidade tão maravilhosa!!

Macati: Obrigada! Bem a comida foi excelente, tanto quanto experimentei; as pessoas super simpáticas e o ambiente espectacular! Não sei porquê, mas Paris fervilhava com gente! Sei que nem sempre é assim, e penso que aconteceu por coincidir com as férias escolares lá!

Isabelle (((HUGS)))

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Tany.- Gracias de nuevo por tus comentarios en mi blog. Con tantas alabanzas por tu parte voy a tornarme un "engreido". jajajj. He mirado en tus proyectos y apoyo la elección del abrigo rojo (patrón Vogue). Yo ya realicé este patrón con algunas modificaciones y quedó fantástico. Además tuve la oportunidad de tener en mis manos el modelo original de Armani confeccionado en cachermir de color negro y observar todos los detalles de costura, y así coser el mio de forma parecida. El abrigo original solamente estaba forrado mangas y parte de la espalda y bieses de forro rematando las costuras para así darle más ligereza y no molestar el forro al vuelo del abrigo. Bueno, tengo ganas de ver el tuyo, seguro que te quedará tan estupendo como todo lo que haces. Saludos. Paco.

Tany said...

Paco, estoy encantada! Has tenido el abrigo original de Armani en tus manos, en realidad! También tengo la intención de coser este patrón con algunas modificaciones (por lo menos el cuello, que creo no ser correcto en el patrón Vogue)! Me encantaría mucho ver tu versión! Estoy segura de que Armani la aprovaria!

Dami said...

you're so pretty and paris looked like fun!!!!! mehn, i need to travel soon!

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Tany.- Siento no poder mostrarte el abrigo, pues hace ya más de un año que lo hice y no está en mi poder. Espero que este invierno haga "frio" en Barcelona y pueda confeccionar muchos abrigos y así poder poner sus fotos en mi blog. Felicidades por el nuevo vestido, es fabuloso y con la blusa púrpura queda genial. Este look me recuerda mucho como iba vestida mi madre, siempre con blusa y encima el "pichi" como lo llamamos en España a este tipo de vestidos. Enhorabuena. Saludos y un abrazo. Paco.

Tany said...

Paco: Qué pena que no tengas el abrigo para mostrar-lo… Cuanto a el tiempo, también espero que hace frío para utilizar todos los abrigos que tensiono coser, que son muchos como has visto. ¡Gracias por tus palabras amables, estoy contenta que te guste el pichi! ¡Gracias por todo, Paco!