Colar e brincos de pérolas – Pearl necklace and earrings

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)

Há algum tempo meti na cabeça que queria um colar de pérolas; um colar de pérolas maiores do que o normal, só para ser diferente (não sei porquê mas agora lembrei-me da Lisa Simpson, hehehe). Andei à procura e deparei-me com a dificuldade de encontrar algo exactamente como tinha imaginado, principalmente em termos do tamanho das pérolas. No outro dia, reparei que na retrosaria do lado oposto da rua de onde trabalho tinham materiais para fazer bijutaria… E dei por mim a sair de lá com um saquinho de pérolas nacaradas grandes, algum material específico como o fecho, preguinhos de aço, ganchos para os brincos, etc. Depois foi só comprar um conjunto de alicates de precisão e no fim-de-semana passado resolvi por a minha habilidade de fazer bijutaria à prova. O resultado foi este. Espero que gostem, é um conjunto simples e conservador mas o tamanho das pérolas dá-lhe um ar diferente do usual!


Some time ago I became obsessed by owning a pearl necklace; not the ordinary pearl necklace but one made of slightly bigger pearls than the usual ( I don’t know why but the thought of Lisa Simpson just came to my mind now, lol). I searched and searched and couldn’t find exactly what I had envisioned. The other day, while buying some notions at the notion shop just across the street from my office, I realized that they had beads and materials for making jewelry and I found myself leaving the place with a bag of big pearls and some jewelry making notions. Later in the week I bought a set of precision pliers at the nearby hardware store and this weekend I managed to put my jewelry making abilities into action! This was the result, I hope you like it. It’s a simple and conservative set of jewelry, but the pearl size really gives it a boost!

13 comments:

Meg said...

Nice job! I love classic pearls like this, as you can tell by the photo of me on my blog.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Dang! And I pay jewelers for this! :) They are beautiful! Is there anything you can't do?! :))

Celina said...

Bem, mas que mulher prendada!
É bastante conveniente, porque afinal, depois de fazeres a tua própria roupa ao teu gosto, agora já nem te faltarão os acessórios que precisas para combinar!
Também descobri que a recepcionista lá da Clínica faz bijutaria giríssima e achei muito interessante. Fiquei a pensar se seria muito difícil, aquelas partes dos fechos e de retorcer o metal...?
Parabéns pela inovação, e pelo resultado final, que ficou perfeito (se não fosse ter lido nem saberia que tinhas sido tu a fazer). Esse conjunto é um clássico e neste caso, actualizado com um toque de irreverência pelo tamanho das pérolas, como tu dizes, deve ficar a matar dependendo da roupa com que o uses. Mais uma vez parabéns!
(Estou a ver que as férias foram produtivas!)

Adelaide B said...

These are great! My daughter is a pearl fanatic (18 going on 35) and this inspires me to make her a little something for the holidays. I've worried about starting a new craft, but this looks like it didn't take too much investment to get going.

AllisonC said...

There is just no end to your talents is there. Visiting your blog today is a sewing post, a knitting post and now some jewelry, all of which are gorgeous.

(and you can spell jewelry - it just took me 4 attempts with the spellchecker!)

Vicki said...

I love the simplicity of them. Very nice.

Adrienne said...

Simple and nice! I love it.

Ann Made Studio said...

What a fantastic idea! The ideas are endless :) You did a great job, the set looks beautiful :)

Ana Carina said...

Será que um novo passatempo nasceu?

Muito bonito e elegante!

O tamanho das pérolas é sem dúvida pouco usual.

Summerset said...

So elegant! I love the idea of using oversized pearls.

Vicki W said...

Pearls are my favorite! I think this is a very elegant necklace and you will get lots of opportunities to wear it!

Corteygrif said...

Que prendada a minha amiga,
conjunto simples e elegante,e eu que ¨odeio¨estas coisas(hehehe!!!)
o tamanho faz lhe uma bela vista!!

Anonymous said...

Quando olhei para a foto pensei que fossem comprados! Aqui está a prova que em tudo o que fazes sais-te muito bem!

Bjs

Mónica